nissan micra - nissan micra 52 plate wont start - Studo11

Hi, i know there are a lot of threads out there on this but almost too many to make sence of them all lol, i have recently bought a nissan micra 52 plate off of a 'friend' that said it broke down then re started once now just wont start at all, it tries to but will not fire, i have replaced the battery and spark plugs and checked that they are sparking blue, also have changed the oil, oil filter air and fuel filter as a service was 4 years overdue :/ any help would be great thanks, stuart

nissan micra - nissan micra 52 plate wont start - elekie&a/c doctor
This year micro is just on the model change,so is this a K11 or K 12 version?

I'm not at home at the moment but I'm sure it is the k11 the older shape not the new bubbly shape

nissan micra - nissan micra 52 plate wont start - Peter D

Are you sure the fuel pump is running. Regards Peter

I will double check when I'm home from work, but I did also check the fuel pump and thought it was, I will let you know how I get on, thanks stuart

Have checked and the fuel pump is definetely running?:/ not the news I was hoping for lol thanks stuart

nissan micra - nissan micra 52 plate wont start - Quicksilver

These had a habit of flooding and overfueling. I believe it was related to the temperture sensor.

Q.

nissan micra - nissan micra 52 plate wont start - bathtub tom

Didn't these have the facility such that if you held the throttle fully open whilst cranking, ther'd be no fuel delivered? That would clear any flooding.

Hi all, I have just done a compression test on the engine and found all the cylinders down on compression with readings of 90, 40, 60 and 80?:/ I'm hues sing worn piston rings any ideas, thanks stuart

These readings are too low.Were the spark plugs wet when you took them out?
nissan micra - nissan micra 52 plate wont start - Fernando P

"a service was 4 years overdue"

How many miles do you think the engine has done!

no they wasnt wet? and maybe 35000 miles?

You will need to try to restore compression,otherwise it will never start.Remove the spark plugs and pour approx 1 tablespoon of engine oil down each bore.Leave for a few hours,then refit the plugs.try to start the car.You may need to give it near full throttle for it to fire.