Ford Focus Ecoboost 2012 - Degas Hose recall - meldel0707

Hi All, I hope you can help me. I broke down on the motorway with an overheated car recently, which turned out to be the degas hose, having split in half and poured out all the coolant. I found out the next day it was a recalled part, for which we have never recieved a letter.

Our local ford garage (whose aftercare is APPALLING), changed the hose, but since the car has run badly and is still leaking the coolant. They appear to have literally changed the hose, and not looked at any issues the breakdown could have caused as a result.

Can anyone advise WHEN the recall was first issued? we bought the car in December 2014 from the local Ford dealer, and have had no notification at all untill the inevitable breakdown 13 months later. If this garage sold it to us with an outstanding recall we need to take it up with them, as it seems there has been damage to the car as a result. We have definitely not recieved a recall letter, which was brushed aside by the dealer as the DVLA's fault.

Help Please!!

Ford Focus Ecoboost 2012 - Degas Hose recall - RobJP

Was it a recall, or a TSB (technical service bulletin) ? I've had a look at the DVSA site, and no recalls for such an item seem to be on there.

Site here : www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

A recall you should have been advised - VOSA will give out owner information to the manufacturer, who will then send letters out informing owners about the recall.

A TSB, on the other hand, will only happen if and when you take the car into a Ford dealer for service or other work to be carried out

Ford Focus Ecoboost 2012 - Degas Hose recall - galileo

we bought the car in December 2014 from the local Ford dealer, and have had no notification at all untill the inevitable breakdown 13 months later. If this garage sold it to us with an outstanding recall we need to take it up with them, as it seems there has been damage to the car as a result. We have definitely not recieved a recall letter, which was brushed aside by the dealer as the DVLA's fault.

Help Please!!

If you bought this in December 2014, and it broke down 13 months later, had you had it servicec after 12 months? If you had, any TSBs or recalls sh ould have shown up when the dealers service area entered the car details on the computer.

So if you had it serviced at a Ford dealer, this should have been fixed, shouldn't it?