Had a Z4 :) But now need 4 doors :( - jamesdriver

ok, SO I currently have a bmw Z4, great fun, particularly on the rare days of sunshine, however we have our first little one on the way, as such I probably need a 4 door...

BUT

I'm really not ready to hang up my dignity and get some rolling rotbox/family wagon.

The car will 80% be my commuting car alone, the other 20%, my wife and I + small person (My wife has her own car)

SO I'm after something good looking, good for commuting, yet can take 2 adults and a baby. (doesn't have to be a convertible, I've heard babies and open top cars are a bad idea....)

Will be getting something on Hire Purchase at £350/month so guessing around £15k,

Any thoughts?

Had a Z4 :) But now need 4 doors :( - Avant

A BMW 3-series Touring, probably a 320d, suggests itself, but if like me you want fun but aren't too bothered about image, think about a Skoda Octavia vRS.

But you can have a new BMW if you go for a company car (see your other thread).

hmm An octavia, never considered this, (not set on BMW, more set on a decent looking car)!

What Engine did you go for?

Had a Z4 :) But now need 4 doors :( - RobJP

Just bear in mind that the baby is the least of what you need to carry. It's all the other stuff that said sprog needs !

In addition, cars like coupes or 3 door hatchbacks are bad news with babies : you (or your partner) would have to open the door, move the seat, lean in, strap child in, and then repeat the process in reverse later on. A perfect recipe for a bad back.

So an estate or an MPV (bleugh) are probably the ideal vehicles.

In terms of driver enjoyment, I've got a 2013 325d estate AND a 2015 2.0i Z4, and the 325d is actually a quicker car, and just as involving to drive.

The bmw Gran Turismo looks pretty decent, as does the 3 series touring,

just seen teh new 3 series E - 148 mpg quoted :-0