Will it really cost £1500 to get a new set of keys for my SEAT Leon?

I have recently lost the last key of my 2007 SEAT Leon Reference Sport and have been quoted by my local SEAT dealership, who did a job exactly the same a few weeks ago, a price of £1500. That seems to be too expensive for me, but they told me that they needed to change the engine control unit, the locks and the immobiliser. Is there any alternative way to get a key for the car?

Unless there is a record from the car's VIN then yes, that would be the only way. A lesson to anyone with just one key. Have another made before you lose it.