Should we reject our new car if it has a faulty turbo?

Our new Land Rover Discovery Sport (purchased 19 December 2016) had to be recovered after less than 250 miles due to smoke coming from under the bonnet. The local dealer has now told us the car's turbo was faulty and needs replacing.
How might this affect the car? Should we reject the car?

Asked on 3 January 2017 by lizybeth5

Depends what damage was done. I guess there was a problem with the engine oil feed and oil return pipes to the turbo bearing (but I don't know that). If the engine oil was burned then that could affect the rest of the engine and since you are within 28 days of taking delivery you could, theoretically invoke The Consumer Rights Act 2015 and reject the vehicle. See: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/