Seat belt warning light stuck on - how can I fix it?

My 2012 Mazda MX5 has developed a problem with the driver's seat belt warning light staying on. My local dealer says this is a known fault, but is not a recall issue. He is suggesting a new under seat pressure pad at a cost of £500. Might there be an independent garage/engineer who could repair this fault at a better price?

It's an issue with the seat occupancy sensor wiring that gets pulled out of the connector if the seat is regularly moved backwards and forwards. Unlikely to need a new pressure sensor. The specialist is www.airbagman.co.uk