Rover 25 immobiliser stuck on

I own a 2001 Rover 25. Over the past few days I have been having some problems with the remote unlocking. I have changed the battery in the remote handset but this has made no difference and I now cannot start the car as the immobiliser is stuck on. Do you have any suggestions how this problem can be rectified?

Asked on 21 July 2016 by Andy 94

This was quite a common problem with Rover 200s and 25s. The system is not very well shielded against electronic interference and I would guess that someone in the vicinity of the car is running electronic equipment that does not conform to The Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002. Seems daft, but the answer might be to push the car a couple of hundred yards out of range and try it again there.