Selling a car with faults

We want to trade-in our Honda Accord for a new car, but have noticed that it has developed a few faults. It seems to be a faulty fuel injector and the car is misfiring under load. What should we do? We are hoping to get £500-£800 for it, but don't want to be dishonest.

Asked on 9 June 2016 by bathnightmare

Answered by Honest John
At this price level I don't think you need to worry too much, but you should declare the fault. I'd guess that the dealer will simply give you the p/x allowance and punt the car out to a local trader or to auction.
Similar questions
In March this year I privately bought a 2010 Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI. It was sold with a full service history, with 24K on the clock. It ran really well with no issues whatsoever. After around six weeks...
Hi We have a Vauxhall corsa 1.2 16v 2005 48,000 miles. Had a misfire and traced it to a valve rocker that had come off the hydraulic tappit and partially jammed one inlet valve open. Found that the cam...
Our Citroen DS3 has developed a misfire. Any idea why and how we can fix it?
Related models
Good Japanese build quality, all chain-cam engines.

Ask Honest John

Value my car