Insignia 1.4t petrol vs 2.0 diesel - which is best?

I'm looking to buy a used Vauxhall Insignia, 2013/2014 model, either the 1.4t petrol or the 2.0 diesel - any advice on what might be best? I drive circa 10 miles each way every day for work plus a bit of city driving. Motorway trips restricted to visiting family and holidays so 4/5 times a year. I'm used to diesels and have a 2.0 diesel Renault Laguna currently, although I'm conscious that diesels are best for business users and the 1.4t petrol has good reviews. My budget is circa £10k so the Insignia looks a good bet for my budget.

Asked on 5 June 2016 by cantbehappy

The 1.4T should be adequate and won's suffer diesel emissions system problems in the future.