Driver refuses to admit crashing into my car - what should I do?

A driver of another vehicle reversed into me while I was stationary. The other driver is now denying the collision took place and the accident management company are asking me to sign a document for them to take legal action on my behalf. Should I sign the paperwork from Accident exchange? Am at risk of paying any costs if the case is unsuccessful for some reason? Very worried.

Asked on 9 May 2016 by NIC1508

Answered by Honest John
It's routine for the other party to deny a collision. But the only way to get him to admit it is to threaten court action and if necessary take that court action because he will be much less likely to lie in court and run the risk of a stretch in prison for perjury.
Similar questions
I bought a used (2007 model) MINI Cooper from a local dealer 10 months ago. The car has been great until now. The yellow (EML?) warning light has come on and my local garage has diagnosed it as a timing...
I have a 2007 Mini Cooper S which has done around 62,000 miles. Last week, it began running very roughly and was noticeably lacking in power. I took it to a Mini dealer who noted that there was no compression...
My 2008 Mini Cooper developed a gearbox whine a few weeks ago and I took it in to the local dealer for diagnostics, where they found a faulty gearbox and quoted nearly £4000 to remove and replace with...
Related models
Great performance from Cooper S, much smoother and more sophisticated than first generation, capable of travelling distances in comfort.

Ask Honest John

Value my car