Best value nearly new car around £9.5k

I am looking at buying a used car. I drive approx 15k per year (although may drop). Currently drive a Mazda 2 (2010). Would like something a bit more comfortable. Interested in Peugeot 308 1.6 hdi 2014 (15000 miles) @ £9.3k; seat leon 1.6 tdi 2014 (35000 miles) @ £9.3k, Mazda 3 2.0 petrol 2014 (20000 miles) at £10.8k, cactus 1.2 82 ps 2014 (15000 miles) @ £9.3k.

I'm very tempted by the Peugeot mainly because it seems great value. Plan on keeping for a few years. Which would you go for and why?

Asked on 25 February 2016 by Dshallett

If the 308 is the current shape, okay and very economical, but the 1.6BlueHDI has no spare wheel and an awkward filling arrangement for the AdBlue. The Leon has the new EA288 1.6TDI that is a vast improvement on the recalled EA189 and is a good looking car. Assuming the Mazda 3 is the new one, it's either a bit sluggish (120PS) or quite quick (165PS) and is a great car to drive. This Cactus has a low power version of PSA's brilliant 1.2 Puretech. Needs the 110 (and from this year also gets the 130 with a 6-speed box).

Tags: buying