Volkswagen emissions scandal from an MoT tester's perspective - is this of interest?

I am an MoT tester and only this week I tested a 2010 Golf 2.0 TDI 2.0. When it came to the emissions test like nearly all Golf that are 2010 2011 2012 registered, it would not rev past 2500 revs even with my foot down to the floor. Surely VOSA must have been aware that these cars were cheating the diesel opacity test a long time ago

That's very interesting. Thank you. If the 'emissions test defeat' software acts as an engine revs governor that cuts in when testing parameters are met it explains a lot.