How do I register a motorhome in my name as a foreign visitor to the UK?

If I need a UK address to change the ownership to my name, what is the criteria for this? And are there any other restrictions for a foreigner visiting the UK owning a vehicle? There are motorhome dealers who advertise to sell to visitors, so how does the whole process work?

Asked on 3 June 2010 by Kiwisteed

Answered by Dan Harrison
If you want to have the car in your name, you should get in touch with the DVLA who will fill you in with the details:
Similar questions
Hi. I am a Kiwi coming to the UK and will buy a motorhome. I don't have a UK address. Is it possible to have the log book in my name?
I ordered a new Ford Focus in April. The dealer gave an estimated delivery of September/October. This suited me fine, having a new 73 registration. The dealer has now informed me that the car has arrived...
I'm buying a used car. The dealer has the V5C certificate in the name of the previous owner and not in the name of the dealer. Is this correct? Should the dealer not be the registered keeper of the vehicle?

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer