DCi 90 or TCe90 in my Captur?

I intend to replace my 2009 Nissan Note DCi with a Renault Captur. It ticks all the boxes for me. I do 10,000 miles pa a mix of short (4m) and medium (20m) journeys and occasional 60m journeys. Not had any DPF problems.

Was thinking about a TCe90 but worried it would have to work very hard and not be very economical. None of the motor journalists seem to have driven it at the launch event. If I went for the DCi90 am I looking at problems with my short journeys and have just been lucky so far with the Note DCi?

Asked on 16 May 2013 by Richard

At the launch there was only the DCi 90 and the 1.2 TCE 115 EDC. But we have driven the TCe90 in the Clio and the Sandero. It seemed to suit the Sandero better because the Clio seemed to need the weight and torque of the 1.5 diesel. I think you'll probably be ok with the DCi90 as long as you don't repeatedly drive short distances from cold. If this seems likely, go for the TCe90. We've seen more interest in the Renault Captur road test than any other in April, so think that Renault probably has a hit on its hands.