Depollution light issue on a 207

My depollution system faulty light is coming on however car is driving okay with no loss of power. I took it to the garage and they advise the camshaft sensor requires to be replaced which I am happy to do but a bit concerned at other links on the internet saying that this did not resolve the problem. Anything further you can suggest I should be asking garage to check?

Asked on 3 May 2013 by golf44

Answered by Alan Ross
Unfortunately this warning light could be as a result of so many things and is a plague on Peugeot models.
Would suggest that the engine is subject to a Peugeot diagnostic check to then identify the problem.
This should show a fault code ie P---- 4 numbers which should then relate to the problem.
Would not start changing any items until absolutely sure.