Dream car or Budget, which comes first? Tell us your thoughts | No thanks

Which Citroen would make a good replacement for the discontinued Xsara Picasso?

My second Xsara Picasso diesel will be three years old in late March. Sadly, they don't make it any longer and the other Citroen offerings either seem too big, too small or resemble a glazed van. What can I go for? The diesel gives an average fuel economy of 60mpg, and the three collapsible and removable rear seats make it an ideal load carrier. The size is just nice for the garage, for the country lanes of Norfolk and also gives an non-claustrophobic interior. Any suggestions?

Asked on 21 April 2012 by LD, Hethersett, Norfolk

The current Berlingo is about twice as strong and three times safer in a crash than the original. I watched them following each other down the production line and it was like a biscuit tin followed by a tank. The new Berlingo also rides and handles vastly better, and better than many other cars. So don't dismiss it as a glazed van too quickly.