Speeding offences in New Zealand

I have just received notification of speeding and a fine of $80 in New Zealand while on holiday there in early March 2013. Do I have to pay or can I ignore it (I have no plans to return to NZ in any case) and can the NZ authorities pursue the case through the UK courts system?

Asked on 4 April 2013 by Red Pen Ray

Answered by Honest John
If you have no intention of ever returning to NZ, then forget it. They have no means of enforcing this against you in the UK.
Similar questions
I drive a van owned by a company which back in June was caught speeding. I'm not the only member of staff who uses this van but the NIP was sent to the registered keeper who then nominated myself as the...
I've been caught speeding in a 30mph zone. One picture shows 37mph but the picture of the registration is incomplete, the second shows 35mph. I'm hardly a boy racer and have a clean licence. This seems...
I received a notice of intended prosecution recently regarding my vehicle speeding. On this particular day I am 100 per cent certain I was not driving my car and as other people do have regular access...

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer