Buying a new Fiat Panda

My 08 Peugeot 207 SW sport, at 25000 miles is getting a bit long in the tooth now and really needs new brakes all round. I've been offered £5250 for it against a new 1.2 Panda (with alloys, aircon, power steering) priced at £7874. The part-ex price looks good to me, as does the new car price (I am aware the model up-date is due in 2012). Am I missing something here?

Asked on 29 December 2011 by griffo5

Completely new, slightly bigger Panda coming in 2012. Trade book for a 207 1.6 Sport with 41k miles is £5,450, so though the Panda seems cheap and your 207 needs brakes you aren't doing all that well out of the deal.