Been waiting nearly a year for my medical driving licence - is this normal?

Is it normal to have been waiting for my medical driving licence renewal for nearly a year? I sent the application in June 2021 and I have still not had it back yet.

Asked on 23 May 2022 by Becca

Answered by Sarah Tooze
There are currently long delays with paper driving licence applications for drivers with medical conditions but it is not acceptable to wait nearly a year. We suggest you make an official complaint to the DVLA. If that does not speed things up then you could also try contacting your local MP to make a complaint on your behalf.