What do you recommend as a replacement for a MINI?

My step daughter is currently driving a four-door petrol MINI from 2015. She has been very happy with it but now wants something with more passenger space and more boot space but not too big. As she lives in the country and the access road isn't the smoothest a bit more ground clearance would also be helpful. She is a professional designer so the look will also be important. The budget is likely to be the value of the MINI plus £10,000. I was thinking a crossover vehicle might be what she is looking for but I am not familiar with what is available. Can you suggest a few models that might fit her needs please?

Asked on 3 December 2021 by Martin Liddle

If she likes her MINI, the obvious replacement is a MINI Countryman. It's a stylish crossover SUV with more boot space than a MINI Hatch. A Volkswagen T-Roc would be a good alternative, or the more premium Audi Q2. They're all very stylish cars with decent boots and enough ground clearance for a rough access road.