When should the timing belt be changed on my Citroen?

When should the timing belt be changed on a 2015 Citroen DS3 1.2 petrol? I have searched and found figures of 50,000, 60,000 and 110,000 miles.

Asked on 14 July 2021 by Dj

There appears to be some confusion around the timing belt change intervals for the 1.2 PureTech engine. This engine uses a 'wetbelt' system that runs the cam belt in oil. In most cases, these types of wetbelt systems are designed to last the life of the engine and never be changed. But that isn't the case with the 1.2 PureTech engine.

Newer versions of the PureTech engine have a change interval of around 60,000 miles or six years (whichever comes first). Your local garage will need to check the car's VIN to confirm the exact belt change interval.