Which pick-up is best for farm work?

Please can you advise me on which pick up is the best? I've been looking at the Toyota Hilux, but I'm wondering what year would be the best to buy. My budget is £20k, but I could go a bit over. I've read the 2.4-litre is sluggish but would 2.8 be too juicy? We need a pick up for farm work, dog transport and the occasional school run - so multitasker really. Are there any other pickups I should be looking at? Thanks very much.

Asked on 23 March 2021 by Roo

The Toyota Hilux has a strong reputation for reliability, but the 150PS 2.4-litre engine is not particularly refined or powerful. However, as a general farm vehicle, I think it would be fine for your everyday needs. Invincible models are very well-equipped as standard, with LED headlights, heated seats and 18-inch alloy wheels. If you want a pick-up with more punch then I'd recommend the 2.0-litre Ford Ranger Wildtrak with 170PS or 213PS: vans.honestjohn.co.uk/van-reviews/ford/ranger-2011
Tags: pick-ups