I need to renew my over-70s driving licence. Will it be automatically renewed or not?

Having read some of the answers in regards to the renewal of my driving licence, I'm still unsure if I have an automatic extension or not. I turned 70 three years ago and need to renew for the first week of December under the 3-year renewal rule. I do not have a valid passport so looks like I cannot renew online. With further lockdowns just announced, I guess things will not improve soon. What should I do?

Asked on 9 November 2020 by David Thomas

DVLA told us: "The extension applies to all motorists whose entitlement to drive expires between 1 February and 31 December this year, including those who hold a paper driving licence. It may also be helpful to explain that a valid UK passport number is only required if a new photograph is being submitted with an application to renew a driving licence. We have also published a table on GOV.UK that shows the expected renewal dates based on the 11-month extension period, and your audience may find this helpful. This can be found here: www.gov.uk/guidance/dvla-coronavirus-covid-19-upda...t;