Can you recommend a bike rack for a car with a spoiler?

I'm looking for some advice about a suitable bike carrier for three bikes - which would be best to fit to the boot of my Skoda Octavia estate VRS. Searching online, a number of options pop up, including Thule. But looking a little closer at the details, they say not to fit it if the car has an optional boot spoiler, which mine does. Can you offer some advice?

Asked on 7 July 2020 by Andrew

Bike carriers for cars with spoilers can be quite tricky to find, and those that do fit might scratch the paintwork. Thule is a very good brand so we'd definitely suggest that over some cheaper bike racks. Interestingly, we've actually tested a couple of Thule bike racks on a Skoda Octavia Estate vRS - so I'll link you to the reviews of each so you can figure out what's best for you. Both racks are for two bikes, but I'm pretty certain you can get them in 3-bike variants, too.

Thule Easyfold XT 2 933 bike carrier rack (2 bikes, more expensive option, tow bar mounted): kit.honestjohn.co.uk/reviews/review-thule-easyfold.../

Thule 991 RaceWay 2 bicycle carrier (2 bikes, rear-mounted): kit.honestjohn.co.uk/reviews/review-thule-raceway-.../

A separate update on the 991 Raceway that's Octavia specific: www.honestjohn.co.uk/our-cars/skoda-octavia-vrs-es.../