Is it worth replacing a car's engine?

Is it worth replacing the engine of 2010 Hyundai i10 ?

Asked on 17 May 2020 by May McLeod

A 10-year-old i10 will be worth around £1500-£2000. Replacing the engine will easily set you back £1200. Probably better to replace the car.
Tags:
I currently drive a Ford Fiesta Duratec dual auto/manual. Both my husband and I like this model and we are looking to renew this year. Unfortunately this model is not now being produced. Could you recommend...
We need a second car for local trips (the school run, popping to the shops etc - no long motorway journeys). I don't want to spend more than £2000 and I've narrowed it down to three (I think), all with...
I'm looking for a first car - which needs to be economical, compact, reliable and automatic. I've found a 2007 Toyota Aygo 1.0-litre with 46,000 miles for £3000. What is your experience of this model,...
Cheap to own. All models have airc on, five seatbelts and flat folding rear seats. Rides and handles quite well for its size. 99g/km Blue model from early 2011.