Is Ford keeping the Mondeo in production?

Is Ford keeping the Mondeo in production or not? If they are, is the Vignale still going to be offered? Also, is the Powershift automatic gearbox still going to be used? The dealers don't seem to be able to answer any of my questions with any confidence.

Asked on 28 October 2019 by Charles Kater

This is what we were told when we asked Ford about the Mondeo: www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/new-cars/2018-09/ford-mo...d

In short, the Mondeo is based on the US-market Ford Fusion, a car which is no longer sold. With the Mondeo selling in small numbers in Europe, we can't imagine a way it'll continue once production of the current model comes to an end. As far as I'm aware, it's still in production for now, including the Vignale trim level and Powershift automatic gearbox.
Tags: