Dodgy challenger

I have a dodgy back, and a large dog, and I have to do a high mileage. But I also want to be as green as possible. I therefore want a diesel automatic with a big enough boot to accommodate the dog. At the moment I have a Skoda Octavia that is very good, but I would prefer something a bit smaller as I rarely have more than two people in the car. I did have a Mercedes A class but it was too cramped in the back for the dog.

I thought the FIAT QUBO Multijet Dualogic worked surprisingly well on test. Video at: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road_tests/index.htm?id=365