What used seven-seater do you recommend?

We are a family of five looking for a used seven-seater, so we can accommodate friends/grandparents. It will mostly be used for the school run and shopping so it will only be doing around 5000 miles a year, with very little motorway use. I would think a petrol is a better bet? We want an automatic. There seem to be very few petrol automatics around in Galaxy, Sharan, Alhambra. These models are no longer offered new in petrol automatic. We’re willing to pay up to £14k. What would you recommend?

Thanks for the question. You're right that a petrol would be the best bet for 5000 miles a year. A Vauxhall Zafira Tourer offers excellent value for money on the second-hand market - your budget will get you one of the last from 2017 with the 1.4 petrol engine and automatic gearbox. You could also look at a Toyota Verso. It ought to be a very reliable choice, although it's not as big or spacious as the Zafira.