What's a good Suzuki SX4 equivalent for coping with narrow and winding roads?

I'm living in Cumbria; windy roads, mountain passes, narrow lanes and lots of potholes. My Suzuki SX4 is a brilliant 4WD car. However, it is not made anymore. What would be a similar car to look at for a suitable replacement? I'm looking for a car which is not too wide (for those narrow lanes) really high clearance, (for tracks and occasional off-road) and, if possible, 4WD capability too. I don't need fancy, I need practical.

Asked on 15 August 2019 by Bootiful World

I'd stick with Suzuki. They make robust vehicles and most of the range is available with 4x4. You could look at a Swift or Ignis, or if you'd prefer something bigger (and with more ground clearance), consider an SX4 S-Cross or Vitara. Or there's the go-anywhere Jimny, but it's an acquired taste on the road. Also consider a Dacia Duster.
Tags: