What's a good Suzuki SX4 equivalent for coping with narrow and winding roads?

I'm living in Cumbria; windy roads, mountain passes, narrow lanes and lots of potholes. My Suzuki SX4 is a brilliant 4WD car. However, it is not made anymore. What would be a similar car to look at for a suitable replacement? I'm looking for a car which is not too wide (for those narrow lanes) really high clearance, (for tracks and occasional off-road) and, if possible, 4WD capability too. I don't need fancy, I need practical.

I'd stick with Suzuki. They make robust vehicles and most of the range is available with 4x4. You could look at a Swift or Ignis, or if you'd prefer something bigger (and with more ground clearance), consider an SX4 S-Cross or Vitara. Or there's the go-anywhere Jimny, but it's an acquired taste on the road. Also consider a Dacia Duster.
Tags: