What one car should me and my wife replace our cars with?

Having had a car each my wife and I now only need one car. Things to consider are, we like to buy new, we only drive about 8000 miles a year, we want a car that's fun to drive with decent acceleration, good inside and boot space, four doors and ideally an automatic. Budget is no more than £25,000.

We'd recommend a new Ford Focus. Your budget will get the 1.5-litre EcoBoost petrol with an automatic transmission. It's great to drive and there's an estate model if you need more space. You could also consider a crossover SUV like the Mazda CX-5. The CX-5 is slightly over budget, but there are pre-registered examples available for less than £25,000 and it's excellent to drive.