I am looking for a cheap estate for around £5000 - what would you recommend?

I am looking for a cheap estate for around £5000 - what would you recommend? I'm looking at a Volkswagen Golf, Toyota Auris, Peugeot 308 or Renault Megane.

You'll only get an early, high-mileage Toyota Auris estate for £5k, so I'd cross that off your list. A Skoda Octavia might be a good choice - you'll get a better one for your money than a Golf. Alternatively, a Dacia Logan MCV could be a wise purchase. You'll get a 2015 model for £5000.