Is there a difference in performance between colours on brake calipers?

Is there a difference in performance between colours on brake calipers? Is red, or green better than black for example? Does the motor industry have particular engineering standards that apply to these colours?

Asked on 9 May 2019 by gordon barnes

Red brake calipers add around 10PS to a car's power output. Or that's what some will tell you. In truth... coloured brake calipers mean nothing. Some manufacturers offer different coloured brake calipers as an option, or some buyers choose to paint them. It's purely an aesthetic thing.