Can you suggest a small car with an elevated driving position?

My wife drives a 14-year-old Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin which is nearing its end. Can you suggest a small car with an elevated driving position which might be considered to go against the trend, with all these cars tending to look the same. Generally short journeys with occasional trips of less than 150 miles.

It sounds like a small crossover would be ideal - but they're very much on trend so finding one which will stand out is difficult. The Suzuki Vitara offers an elevated driving position, while also being very practical and reliable. You can spec it in some funky colours to make it stand out, too. If you'd prefer something smaller, consider a Ford Fiesta Active. It's based on the excellent Fiesta, with marginally more ground clearance and a higher seating position.