What hybrid do you suggest for a 15 mile daily commute?

Our journeys are mostly commutes of around 15 miles per day with occasional long trips. Can you suggest an SUV that is either hybrid or electric up to around £28k?

If you're keen to go electric, the Hyundai Kona Electric is a really good crossover with a range of 180 miles (for the 39kWh version) and just about within budget. Alternatively, the Toyota C-HR is available as a hybrid within budget. If you'd prefer something more practical, I think the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV would suit your requirements well - it will be able to cover your wife's commute under electric power while still having a petrol engine for those longer journeys. You won't be able to get a new one for £28k, though.