Can an insurance company sue me because I gave the other driver a false name and address?

Can an insurance company sue me because I was at fault for an accident and gave the other driver a false name and address?

Asked on 26 November 2018 by alex

You have committed a criminal offence and the police could take action against you. Your insurance has to oblige their responsibilities under the Road Traffic Act for their third-party liabilities. So, if the other party has incurred additional cost due to the actions you have taken, your insurer will have to pay that and have an entitlement to seek recovery of these costs from you. So yes, they can sue you.