Our Skoda was due to be delivered in September but has been delayed until the new year - what can we do?

We ordered a new Skoda Kodiaq in June for my husband via the motability scheme. Sadly due to worsening of his multiple sclerosis he now requires hand controls and cannot drive our current car. The Kodiaq was due to arrive on September 3rd but was delayed. Our dealer has been very unhelpful so we contacted Skoda UK direct explaining our problem. They have now told us that our car will not be built until the end of November and not delivered until the new year. This is desperate news and we hoped you may have some advice as to how we might get Skoda to hurry things along. To have hand controls retro fitted to our current car without motability’s help is prohibitively expensive.

Asked on 9 October 2018 by Vikki Berrill

WLTP testing caused massive problems for German owned car manufacturers due to the colossal number of variations in their model ranges. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do apart from buy something else entirely that is through WLTP and is readily available.