We want a petrol seven-seater - what do you suggest?

I need a seven seat car but don't do long distance regularly. Most journeys are short such as school, work, shopping. The majority of options are diesel though. We really like the Peugeot 5008 and currently drive a 2004 Vauxhall Zafira that's past its best. We have considered the newer Zafira but would like a change. What do you recommend?

Asked on 24 September 2018 by Mark potter

For mainly short journeys, I'd stick with petrol. We like the original Peugeot 5008, it offers great versatility and represents good value for money on the used market. Take a look at the Mazda 5 too, it's a very reliable MPV and the petrol is a smooth, likeable engine.