Can I get a refund on a deposit if I cancel my new car order?

I've placed a new car deposit of £1000 for a Land Rover Discovery Sport. The build date is end of August and delivery is mid-September. Due to a change in circumstances, I need to cancel the order. What are the options with the deposit I've placed - can I claim a refund?

Asked on 22 July 2018 by A_M

You are actually under contract to buy the car so whether you can get out of it depends on the dealer. If the car is registered in September, it has to be EU6d TEMP / WLTP and because it has a PPP I think it will be.