Is my car likely to fail the new MoT?

I have two old cars registered with your website (2008 diesel Ford Focus and 2005 petrol Nissan Almera). I would like to know if they will likely fail their next MoT. Can you let me know what the changes are to the MoT as of May 20, 2018?

Asked on 14 May 2018 by Nicholas Allen

There will be stricter limits for emissions from diesel cars. You’ll also be given a fail if the tester can see smoke of any colour coming from the exhaust pipe. There are a few new things that will be tested: these include if tyres are underinflated, if the brake fluid has been contaminated, fluid leaks posing an environmental risk, brake pad warning lights and if brake pads or discs are missing. For more details on the 2018 MoT changes, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/legal-motoring-advice/20...t.