bmw e39 - bmw 525d e39 saloon rear subframe bushes help. - bigmennie

Hi can someone tell me what milage these should be replaced,my e39 has covered 202,000 miles and has never been changed.

what would the labour cost be on the 4 subframe bushes to be done?.

Any info on this would help.

Thankyou

Jason

bmw e39 - bmw 525d e39 saloon rear subframe bushes help. - Collos25

Are they causing a problem if not forget them there is far more things to worry about on a E39 than these bushes.

Hi thankyou for the reply they don't knock or bang just thought at that milage they probs need doing and also what other things should i be worried about on a e39 had mine over 110,000 miles and its been bomb proof really just usuall stuff replaced link arms,breaks etc only main thing was turbo and clutch just replaced but can,t moan 200,000 miles out of original clutch.

Thankyou

Jason

providing you have had the butterflys removed the only other problems are ABS computer,Vanos,and suspension parts the rear especially .I keep a E39 petrol as a bit of a heirloom its only done about 5k since I have had it and was resprayed and had nealy all new body panals after an accident in Germany.

Hi no i have not had the butterflys removed risking it and as regards suspension its been ok to be honest for a big car,and i use it as a taxi so gets plenty of work i can't fault it really.

I would have the butterflies removed as a matter of urgency for very little cost it will save the car engine.

Hi well how much does it cost roughly to have it done plus what if mine has already been done my car has 202,000 and still running strong and surely there is a siqn before they break.

No idea in the UK of cost but I have never known them go so I cannot comment about the symtoms.But as I have stated before get the butterflys removed or you will not have a car to fit new bushes to.

Edited by Collos25 on 10/03/2013 at 21:04

Hi thankyou for all your replys but i have read on the net that manual e39's like mine do not have them only the auto's.

thankyou