Ford Mondeo 2004 2.0TDCi - Central locking and alarm not setting - steam train

Passenger doors and boot not opening, indicators and interior light not working, changed battery in key fob still not working. Recently had auxillery belt replaced, is there any wiring near that could have been damaged . Can drive the car using the key.

Everything connected to the generic control module not working and cannot get the module into service mode. Checked all fuses in engine fusebox, but not in the glove compartment one.

Any ideas?

Ford Mondeo 2004 2.0TDCi - Central locking and alarm not setting - elekie&a/c doctor

Try disconnecting the battery for 10 mins.There is nothing by the aux belt that would cause a problem.hth

Try disconnecting the battery for 10 mins.There is nothing by the aux belt that would cause a problem.hth

Disconnected the battery, still the same, could the key need reprogramming?

Ford Mondeo 2004 2.0TDCi - Central locking and alarm not setting - elekie&a/c doctor

When you say nothing connected to the gem module not working,do you mean wipers,indicators,hazards,heated front and rear windows also not working.?It is nothing to do with key programme.Check fuses behind glove box.hth

Checked all fuses, they're all ok, I've tried reprogramming the key for the central locking and alarm but still no joy. I've lost indicators, interior lighting, all the warning beeps, intermittent wipers back and front, three doors and boot deadlocked and looks like the coding process too. There are two diodes in the engine fuse box it says one is for the electronic module, could this be for the GEM? Are there any relays that may have gone causing this problem?

Have you checked the connectors to the gem module and power supply to it.?.Located above accelerator pedal,black plastic casing.The diodes in the engine bay fuse box are for the a/c and engine control module.hth

That is my next step tomorrow, just found the two wires I need to check, orange and white, and orange and blue, both come off fuses. It looks like the remote key has to power this up too.

Been to the scrap yard today, they had a diesel in so I bought the GEM for a tenner! fitted it (took 10 minutes) reprogrammed the key to match it and bingo! we're back on the road again! Thanks for your tips, much appreciated.