Good Value Car Wash n Wax - 72 dudes

Just a heads-up.

Not sure about the rules on this forum, but a certain low end supermarket beginning with A and ending in I (with maybe an L and a D in it) are selling a 3 litre Car Wash with carnuba wax for £2.99. Comes in a grey plastic oil like container

I've tried it, it's good.

Probably a WIGIG deal (when it's gone it's gone)

Good Value Car Wash n Wax - Auristocrat

It is their Auto XS brand - bought some last year, and bought 6 litres this year. It is quite good.

Good Value Car Wash n Wax - Avant

It's OK, 72 dudes: you're a regular on here and I assume you don't work for the shop in question.

Good Value Car Wash n Wax - jamie745

So if I got a job at Lexus I couldn't inform the Backroomists about some wonderful new finance deal they might have?

Good Value Car Wash n Wax - Avant

Yes you could: you could take advertising space and pay for it like any other legitimate advertiser.

Good Value Car Wash n Wax - jamie745

But if the BMW dealership next door (whom I didn't work for) had some good deal on then I'd be able to inform you of that?

But if the BMW dealership next door (whom I didn't work for) had some good deal on then I'd be able to inform you of that?

Yes, that would follow.

It's OK, 72 dudes: you're a regular on here and I assume you don't work for the shop in question.

No, I don't.

Good Value Car Wash n Wax - BigJohnD

I got some because a) it was cheap; b) I needed some car shampoo; c) another shopper said it was good and d) I was too lazy too walk to the car accessory place for some Autglym.

All I can say is I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Good Value Car Wash n Wax - Hamsafar

I found it to be rather rubbish, it doesn't lubricate the sponge and it drags across the surface and no suds. The sponge is dirty at the end of washing the car. I read this is because of strict German eco-rules on washing cars and the shampoo has to be inert, not drain into storm drains have none of the surfactants we know and love.

I found it to be rather rubbish, it doesn't lubricate the sponge and it drags across the surface and no suds. The sponge is dirty at the end of washing the car. I read this is because of strict German eco-rules on washing cars and the shampoo has to be inert, not drain into storm drains have none of the surfactants we know and love.

I have to disagree Hamsafar.

Just checked the label and compared it to some Simoniz and Tetrosyl wash n wax I already had in my garage. All the same - less than 5% ionic surfactants, less than 5% non-ionic surfactants

Loads of suds too. Maybe you had a bad example.

Good Value Car Wash n Wax - Hamsafar

Maybe I had a bad batch, it was in a white plastic cintainer with yellowy orange and grey printing on the label. Inside it was like slightly milky water, not at all viscous and I could put a really big slosh into a bucket and run the taps and at the end there would just be 2mm of bubbles which quickly disappeared.

The Auto XS shampoo I bought last year needs to shaken before use -this years formulation doesn't need to be. Which suggests there has been a change in formulation, and also could be why, if not shaken before use to mix the solution properly, performance may have been affected.

Edited by Auristocrat on 02/03/2013 at 22:47

This years formulation is made in the UK by Tetrosyl.

This years formulation is made in the UK by Tetrosyl.

Ah, that's why it looks and smells the same as the Tetrosyl branded one I have. Thick yellow liquid.

Good Value Car Wash n Wax - madf

I have used Aldi Carnuba WashnWax for years.. Results are very good.

Good Value Car Wash n Wax - 1litregolfeater

It causes the water or rain to bead up, through a temporary surface tension effect.

The protective qualities of wax were abolished when two pack car paints came in and cellulose paints were banned, about 1990.