Chrysler Voyager - Yet another Chrysler SKIM issue? - hunkyfunkster

hi guys

i have a 2000, 3.3l petrol auto Voyager. Recently the battery drained and I had to jump start the car, but wasn't able to run the car long enough for a decent charge, so later that day I removed the battery and put it on charge. My little charger took three days to charge it fully.

When I put the battery back in, I noticed that the car still wasn't starting. All the electrics and dials worked properly, but there was nothing from the starter. no noise at all. I left it an hour, and when I tried again it started first time as if nothing had happened.

However, in the last couple of weeks this has happened more and more often. The worst part is that the car has actually cut out twice whilst driving and refused to start for up to an hour afterwards. This was quite scary, as the power steering and brakes both stopped working when the engine died. Luckily both happened at slow speeds and I was able to get the car to relatively safe (-ish) positions.

I regularly carry my three children in the car, and this is unnacceptable as I don't feel safe in the car.

Now, however, the car completely refuses to start. As before, all electrics work but there is nothing from the starter at all. I've also noticed that the immobiliser light on the dash no longer flashes at all. Could this be as simple as a loose wire or fuse to the immobiliser? Or is it more likely to be the dreaded SKIM module causing problems.

I only have one key and one fob for the car, so can't try any other keys.

Please help

Thanks

Alex

Chrysler Voyager - Yet another Chrysler SKIM issue? - Collos25

I think I would have the battery looked at from what you say its goosed .

the battery itself is in good condition. it was a fault with the sound system that drained it initially. and it took so long to charge because i only have a motorcycle trickle charger. i'm confident that the battery is ok

i will double check it tho, because it'd be great if it was that simple

How can i tell if the immobiliser itself is faulty? Where is tthe unit itself located so i can check it? Like i said the red dash light doesnt flash anymore, does this suggest a loose wire or fuse in the immobiliser unit?

Any suggestions would be helpful. I cant afford to have it trailered to the nearest dealer....

Thanks

Alex

*bump*