Russia - Dashcam Footage - uat

better than the Chinese

Russia - Dashcam Footage - Engineer Andy

...and just think we're going to have more of our Eatern European friends over here in the not too distant future if the EU has its way.

Driving standard in my view are worse over here since the early 2000s when half of them were allowed to settle, with likely no driving test (good old EU "standards") - obscured by cars getting safer at the same time, leading to less fatalities and serious injuries. It would be interesting to see the actual number of accidents overall to see if my theory is correct.

The odd thing is that in videos such as these its almost as though these people involved don't care what happens...reckless in the extreme!

Russia - Dashcam Footage - John Boy
The odd thing is that in videos such as these its almost as though these people involved don't care what happens...reckless in the extreme!

My partner, who is an extremely nervous passenger, fell about laughing when I showed her this footage - not what I expected at all. When I asked her why, she said it was because she found it almost impossible to believe what she was seeing.

Incidentally, what causes the car (at 4min 4sec) to suddenly rear up and tip over backwards?

Russia - Dashcam Footage - focussed

Incidentally, what causes the car (at 4min 4sec) to suddenly rear up and tip over backwards?

I can just see that it fouled some overhead power lines at the front of the car and flipped it.

Being Russian there is probably a large contribution on these videos from Mr Smirnoff - as mentioned before, the drivers involved just do not seem to be looking through the same windscreen as the camera.

Russia - Dashcam Footage - Happy Blue!

Unbelieveable!

Vehicles having cleary had liitle or poor maintenance; drivers driving too quickly for the conditions; drivers not looking where they are going; some not braking when they should have done; lots of 'macho' driving (i.e. idiots behind the wheel of expensive cars thinking 'get this little man out of my way') and some clearly doped up on something to do what they did.

I have driven in all sorts of places, but I think I could never drive in Russia - I don't even want to go there.

Edited by Happy Blue! on 20/01/2013 at 12:24

Russia - Dashcam Footage - Rachaelink

That was fairly terrifying! Note to self never travel to Russia!

Russia - Dashcam Footage - Hamsafar

Trolleybus cables.

Russia - Dashcam Footage - gramfin

That helicopter was so low lol

Edited by gramfin on 21/01/2013 at 03:58

Russia - Dashcam Footage - memyself-aye

I've seen as bad in India - only there it's camels that saunter across the roads!