2004 Ford Fiesta Finesse 1.25 - Car Heater problem - KennySDL

I have been having problems with my car heater for some time. I have tried lots of coolant and it has not worked. When I turn the car heater to the highest setting it does not work for a good 15/20 minutes (it simply blows out cold air). After around 20 minutes there is a crunching/grinding sound coming from the vents on the passenger side and the heater suddenly starts to work blowing out very hot air. This lasts for differing amounts of time and then the temperature warning light comes on. After a while the warning light goes off (the car heater is on the highest setting the whole time). This pattern is repeated over and over. I would be extremely grateful for any advice. Many thanks.

2004 Ford Fiesta Finesse 1.25 - Car Heater problem - thomestayler

I really think that your car heater turns in very critical situation and totally stopped to work so you might be purchase new one for your car. I want to tell you that rather than repair it you should purchase new one because it doesn't seems in good condition or you can't repair it.

Edited by Avant on 16/01/2013 at 13:54

Thank you for your response - approximately what cost is a new car heater?

2004 Ford Fiesta Finesse 1.25 - Car Heater problem - countryroads

i think you may have 2 problems, you may well have an airlock causing the car to get hot as water suddenly finds it way to the heater and leaves the engine after some use and presumably a few more revs..also a mechanical noise from the control system points to a problem which first involves checking the control cables etc.

Thank you for your response - how do you get rid of an airlock?

2004 Ford Fiesta Finesse 1.25 - Car Heater problem - Avant

Moved to Technical.

2004 Ford Fiesta Finesse 1.25 - Car Heater problem - madf

You get rid of an airlock by bleeding teh system of air.

I would recommend a competent garage as if you have to ask , you are unlikely to solve the problem.

It is also likely your engine has another fault -- or is about to caused by running without enough coolant.

I would syop driving its asap and get it to a garage.

The cost of a replacemnet engine is ££££s.

2004 Ford Fiesta Finesse 1.25 - Car Heater problem - Collos25

To get rid of an air lock run the car engine without the water filler cap the air will come out after the thermostat has opened make take a little time.

2004 Ford Fiesta Finesse 1.25 - Car Heater problem - skidpan

To get rid of an air lock run the car engine without the water filler cap the air will come out after the thermostat has opened make take a little time.

Just like getting a babys wind up, only less messy.