Ford Mondeo Mk 3 Tdci - Glow plug Light flashing when revving @ 2000 revs - Someoldpikey

Good Morning, I am crying our for some help and advice......

I bought my Mondeo about 12 months ago from a car dealer. for the first 3 months we had no issues at all,. but then all of a sudden we would find the glow plug light flashing, and no turbo, after looking through all the forums, decided i would clean the egr valve, which was gunked.

I finally took it back to the dealer to have a look at, who said he cleaned the turbo. the car was ok for a few days and then the same fault's, I continued to drive the car for a while whilst i did more research and found some pennies to resolve the issue. all of a sudden the errors cleared from the dashboard.

We then noticed a lack of drive, although we had turbo wit was very sluggish, after investigating i found the intercooler plpe split, last saturday i replaced the turbo pipe to find a big 8 inch split in the pipe. The car had run absolutley fantastic for 2 days, then i used the car for the school run to fin the EML andf the glow plug light flashing again?

I have tried to explain the best i can, as i understand it cant be the turbo as it worked fine for 2 days when i had the pipe fixed.

Question is what is it and will it fail the MOT i have in 15 days with the 2 lights showing on the dash?

HELP!!!!!! Just an edit to this additional post,

When the engine is first started, the Glow plug light is off then if i rev to 2k the light starts flashing.? not sure whether this has any significance

Ford Mondeo Mk 3 Tdci - Glow plug Light flashing when revving @ 2000 revs - Collos25

Electronic turbo actuator situated under the turbo can only be bought with the turbo as the two are matched together have changed quite a few especially on X type Jags they use the same setup .If you put your fingur on the actuation arm and take up the slack (help it on its way)the Glow plug light should go out.

The Glowplug light is a general fault light so do not be lead in the wrong direction.

Shop around for new parts or look on Ebay as the price from Ford/Jag is unbelievable the last one I bought was 675ukp plus vat around 1500 + from the dealers.

Google site for more info.

Ford Mondeo Mk 3 Tdci - Glow plug Light flashing when revving @ 2000 revs - Someoldpikey

Ok... I know the turbo works as when the car initally starts up, It kicks in and when at full revs the turbo is working........ then 3 seconds later the Limp mode kicks in.

I have now Cleaned and stripped my EGR Valve and Inlet manifold, had the car running again.

I have also used some turbo cleaner to clean the whole system *Spray can" recommended by Mill Autos. the system has now kicked out horrific amounts of crap out the exhaust but alas the Limp mode stays on after 3 seconds... any idea...

Im not sure whether it is MAP sensor related as only went into Limpmode after replacing the INtercooler pipe. The car was like new for 2 days and now its back into its LM?

Any more suggestions?

Ford Mondeo Mk 3 Tdci - Glow plug Light flashing when revving @ 2000 revs - sandy56

Have you tried the Ford Mondeo forums for info and advice?

Ford Mondeo Mk 3 Tdci - Glow plug Light flashing when revving @ 2000 revs - Collos25

You have done all sorts of things exept the most obvious and thats the Turbo actuator or don´t you want to test that.

Whilst starting the engine the actuator actually moves into the on postion and then when limp mode is enabled the actuator goes back to the off position

Thats now way to test it you need a a proper injection turbo company to check it properly ,if you place your fingur on the actuator arm and press in the direction that it moves you can sometimes simulate its correct movement but not always.

The actuator and turbo are bought as one piece very expensive from Ford or Jaguar If you do need to buy one they are around 675 plus vat in the UK if you shop around around 2grand from Ford.Its a Garet turbo and I thing its a Mernello actuator.