Peugeot 306 Meridian HDi Estate (2001) - Intermittant loss of power - eddieno1else

Hi all,

First time post long time viewer of this forum, it has helped me on many occasion. This time however I cannot find a solution to my problem.

I was driving on Saturday and my car lost power for about 2-5 seconds, it was like i'd lifted off the accelerator (the first time it happened I thought I did), this happened 2 or 3 more times on the way to my destination (10 miles away) then it happened a few times on the way back. I did think it was rather odd. On the way to work this morning it happened again.

I can't seem to reproduce it, its completely random. Ive had it happen when pulling away in 1st and all the way through to 4th at varying speeds although the RPM is always around 2500-3000.

Anyone have an idea what is up?

On an unrelated note, is there any reason why my brake pedal would have dropped, its constantly activating the light switch, to turn it off i have to lift the pedal - this is not activating the brakes though.

I feel my car is just about to die and I'm going to have to get a new one soon :(

Thanks

Peugeot 306 Meridian HDi Estate (2001) - Intermittant loss of power - Peter.N.

I would suggest to go onto the French Car forum and see if anyone near you has a Lexia/Planet analyser, even though the fault is intermittent it may well have a code stored for it.

Wonderful these modern cars .....

Peugeot 306 Meridian HDi Estate (2001) - Intermittant loss of power - dieselnut

I think your problem will be related to the brake pedal fault. The ECU get info from variuos sensors including the brake light switch. It won't be able to reconcile your accelerator input together with a brake input so will cut the engine power. Suggest you get the brake pedal looked at so it only actuates the brake light when you are braking.

Peugeot 306 Meridian HDi Estate (2001) - Intermittant loss of power - handygandy

Sounds like it could be a whole number of things unfortunately, as said above definitely get the brake pedal thing looked at first.

Probably sensor/fuel pressure related. Best thing to do would be get it on a diagnostics machine if possible.