Skoda Octavia - Battery Leakage - cwbswanwick

Battery Leakage seems to be an ongoing problem with this model - ours is a 55 plate Tdi.

Having scanned through a number of internet discussions, I've come to the conclusion that for someone with very little in the way of a technical brain, the safest option is to invest in a spare battery and keep it in the boot (a tip from an internet sufferer). Is there anything consistent coming through on this one - the blame seems to fall in equal measures on bluetooth, internal light, glove box light, boot light, radio - a new battery was installed a couple of years ago but at the first sign of cold weather - bingo - a dead car. Love the rest of the car but being a couple of pensioners, we do need it to be reliable.

Skoda Octavia - Battery Leakage - mark999

I've had a similar problem with 2 cars, once the cold weather set in both appeared to have flat batteries. It turns out that in both cases, the batteries were too small for demand i.e 55ah instead of 70Ah. May be worth a quick look.

If it is a true battery drain and you are not confident working on the electrics, a competent garage or auto electrician should be able isolate where the drain is

Skoda Octavia - Battery Leakage - Chris M

Have you tried removing the fuses for the potentially offending items and see whether that helps? A process of elimination.

Skoda Octavia - Battery Leakage - Duncan112

Had a similar problem with my 58 plate VRS - seems there may be a fault on the wiring loom to the radiator fans causing the fan to continue running whilst the car is turned off and down to temperature - there is a service bulletin on this and replacement loom. Seemed to be particularly bad in wet weather. HTH