Mazda 5 2.0 turbo diesel, 2007 - Diesel particulate filter fuel cleaner!! - dannyallit
Hi! Is it okay to put diesel particulate filter fuel cleaner to my mazda 5,2.0 turbo diesel, 2007, mileage of 56,100miles...
Mazda 5 2.0 turbo diesel, 2007 - Diesel particulate filter fuel cleaner!! - unthrottled

Do you mean eolys? I wouldn't. Eolys does help with regeneration, but the active ingredient (Ceria) produces ash which is permanently trapped in the filter thereby reducing its lifespan. That's why Eolys fell from favour. Spend the money on fuel and take it out for a kicking. Much more fun.

Mazda 5 2.0 turbo diesel, 2007 - Diesel particulate filter fuel cleaner!! - Collos25

Eolsys come in different types 3 types to my knowledge they are used in the diesel engines of PAS they are used in the re gen of DPFs .I think the OP means some type of snake oil he has seen .

Mazda 5 2.0 turbo diesel, 2007 - Diesel particulate filter fuel cleaner!! - dannyallit
K, thanks... Just wonder if that dpf cleaner will help to my car, as this morning, running for 60mph about 5 miles then down to 50mph(speed limit), then tried to go back to 60mph, won't work, lossing power at all. Noticed handbrake slightly engaged( maybe because of tiredness as came from night shift), release handbrake but totally loss power.what do you think the cause of lossing power? Thinking to put that as I thought because of slightly engaged handbrake, causing fuel filter block, don't know what to do.. Though after towed car to garage, put into diagnostic machine, can't find any code.. After a while, engine cool down, start engine back to normal, no sign of lossing power...naughty am I...
Checked dpf cleaner, can be used if dpf light goes off in dashboard, but mine no any light appear..
Dpf cleaner can find in eBay, JLM DPF fuel cleaner...
Mazda 5 2.0 turbo diesel, 2007 - Diesel particulate filter fuel cleaner!! - Collos25

Snake Oil.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Mazda 5 2.0 turbo diesel, 2007 - Diesel particulate filter fuel cleaner!! - thunderbird

If the car needed additives to regenerate the Mazda dealer would happily empty your wallet like owners of cars that need Eolys find.

Save your cash.

As far as I know Mazda don´t need anything except a box full of injectors but thats another story definitely do not need expensive snake oil.

Hi. Follow-up! My mazda 5 2007 with 56680miles, has the same problem now.. Dpf flashing light and notice lossing power(6 gear-only 50mph) just tried for 20minutes drive with more than 2000rpm, nothing happened... Changed oil, oil filter, air filter and fuel filter at 53865miles by private mechanic.. Read some comments that dpf appears sometime to let us know that due for service, and if service done, dpf and ecu should be resetting.. Can anyone tell me if it is safe to use my car as using for work and contacted mechanic(whom changed oil) to reset but not until Monday...please help!!! Apart from mazda, do you think private mechanic can do the resetting?
Mazda 5 2.0 turbo diesel, 2007 - Diesel particulate filter fuel cleaner!! - valvebounce

Get rid of your particulate filter on the exhast,it is still legal not to have one.

You will get more bhp and better fuel economy.The warning light from the ecu will need blanking out at a garage or autosparks.

It is not a requirement for your mot.

With it,you will have the problem re-occurring,and never have your hand out of your pocket.

Particulate filters were introduced to satisfy the present "green mania" but the expense to the motorist wasnt.

Stop spouting rubbish about removing the DPF when you do not no all the facts.It was introduced to stop harmful very harmful particles escaping into the air if you ever suffer from the results or see anybody who suffers from the results of diesel fumes then perhaps you would change your mind.Removal may not be tested at the MOT but you must inform the DVLA and have the car retested new type approval and a new log book issued it is also illegal to take to most parts of Europe where this practice is frowned upon with a very large fine.To stop inside the law you must also inform the buyer of the car if you wish to resell.

Thanks valve...., but I think collos25 is right.. I know it is expensive to keep doing this but if it harmful to anyone and I think that's European policy(or whatever they call).. Anyway thanks, guys.. Collos25, just done resetting(which needs when service done) with dpf, full scan with faults( codes cleared), whole system regenerated, but flashing light still there..(done by private garage) and now mechanic from private garage told me to take the car in mazda dealer.. Any idea why flashing light still there ? Thanks needs response, ASAP please!!

I do not know what program Mazda use maybe it needs to be connected to a Mazda computor.