All - Tax disc - hillman

The news is that the DVLA is considering abolishing the paper tax disc.

www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/9744312/Death-of...l

Can anyone see the mistake in the article ? And, can anyone else remember the year when the tax disc was so like the label of a bottle of a popular Irish stout that the wide boys steamed off the label to use it as a tax disc ?

All - Tax disc - Ethan Edwards

A lot of cars are already without them. We need a mandatory insurance disk as well. That way you'd know the clown who has just hit you is really covered.

I think this plan will save 2p but ending up costing thousands. Is HMG really so short of decent ideas?

All - Tax disc - jamie745

I think this plan will save 2p but ending up costing thousands. Is HMG really so short of decent ideas?

We haven't needed a paper disc in the windscreen for a decade. The info on the Police cars computers is far more reliable than any printed disc in the window. Getting rid of a needless piece of paper will cost nothing.

As for the 'insurance disc' I don't see how that'd be any more reliable than the insurance certificate which can be obtained before cancelling said insurance. Technology has stopped that practice working as well.

All - Tax disc - mark45

Can't see why VED can't be incorporated with insurance and as proof, you get an 'insurance disc'. Problem solved.

All - Tax disc - hillman

In Zambia the cars had to display a disc certificate that the car had passed its MOT.

All - Tax disc - Hamsafar

I say do away with the window clutter.

All - Tax disc - Collos25

And it really meant something?

All - Tax disc - barney100

Do the DVLA not check for insurance and MOT before issuing a tax disc?

All - Tax disc - RT

Do the DVLA not check for insurance and MOT before issuing a tax disc?

Yes - but only for the day the tax is issued.

All - Tax disc - Avant

"Can anyone see the mistake in the article ?"

You mean the extra 'not' in para 3?

All - Tax disc - hillman

""Can anyone see the mistake in the article ?"

You mean the extra 'not' in para 3?"

Yes, Avant. That is sloppy editing and completely changes the sense of the paragraph.

All - Tax disc - jamie745

Have a day off will you.